Kristen Ivy is the Co-founder and Director of The Phase Project and the Executive Director of Messaging at the ReThink Group (also known as Orange), a non-profit organization whose purpose is to influence those who influence the next generation.
3 Big Takeaways
- Words are formative. In parenting, our words are shaping our children’s worldview. They are also shaping their view of themselves. Words over time really shape a kid’s direction in life.
- Our character as people really rises and falls on our ability to push through in our relationships that are the most challenging. This is especially true of our family relationships.
- No parent is perfect. Each season of a parent’s life seems easier in retrospect, even though parents do try their best. Therefore, be gracious with yourself and forgive yourself.
What We Explore in this Episode:
- The Story Behind the “It’s Just a Phase” Project (4:11)
- Meaningful Phrases that Will Draw you Closer to Your Kids (10:44)
- When Kids Experience Rejection (16:32)
- Fostering a Dynamic View of Intelligence (22:23)
- Parents and Content Overwhelm in the Digital Age! (24:58)
- Exclusively for the Listeners of Our Podcast —-> phaseguides.com/intersection
Connect with and stay up to date Kristen Ivy on Social Media:
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these: