2017 is here. Happy New Year, Everyone! This is my first-ever interview since launching my podcast, The Intersection of Success & Spirituality. In I talk about the story behind the podcast, my childhood, my thoughts on pastoring, and spiritual/emotional wellness. I get interviewed by New York Times Best-Selling Author, Jennifer Schuchmann. She is one truly amazing human and gets me to open up about quite a bit!
P.S. She is also a previous guest on my show. You can listen to that episode right here.
Joshua Ogaldez is the Host of The Intersection of Success & Spirituality. This is a weekly internet radio show (podcast) that has the goal of helping high-performers and achievers with their spiritual and inner life. He is also a sought-after speaker that gives audiences tools to experience, express and process their emotions in a healthy way.
3 Big Takeaways
- People hurt others. Institutions and organizations don’t hurt people. People hurt people. Because one person or group of people hurt you within a church does not mean that adequately and fully represents every church.
- Emotions are part of our humanity. Everyone feels anger, sadness and happiness. Simply because you also feel “negative emotions” does not make you any less of a good person. Emotions are meant to be experienced and expressed in healthy ways.
- Conversations are invitations. Even though you are speaking to someone from a different culture, political affiliation or religious tradition, there is something you can learn about the humanity of the other person. When we see conversations as invitations, things get both messy and interesting.
Someone question I get asked:
- What is the story behind the podcast? (0:32)
- What is it that you have bottled up inside of you? (19:30)
Sneak Peak of More:
- My Life-Long Pursuit to Be Special (3:30)
- Finding Ways to Experience and Express Our Emotions in a Healthy Way (15:18)
- A Jewish Spiritual Practice that Keeps Me Grounded (28:11)
- Favorite Podcasts, Books, Movies and Food (30:47)
Find Me (Josh) on Social Media:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joshuaogaldez/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joshuaogaldez/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/joshuaogaldez
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these:
- Jennifer Schuchmann: Stepping Into Other People’s Shoes
- The Enneagram and Business with Ian Cron
- Building a Healthy Organizational Culture with Jeff Tolle