Phil Potts is former optometrist turned men’s marriage coach and teacher. He is certified with the American Association of Christian Counselors and is the author of Habits of Heroic Husbands.
3 Big Takeaways
- Some of the walls we build with our spouse are walls that we edified as children to protect ourselves. The rejection that we experienced from our parents, classmates or other people can deeply wound us. We can, often, bring these into our marital relationship.
- Honesty is the first step to change. After Phil’s wife gave him her honest assessment of their marriage at a conference, this invited Phil to the life-changing decision of improving their marriage.
- Marriage requires intentionality. Marriage requires intention, heart and action.
Some questions I ask:
- What is the #1 thing that people struggle with in marriage? (23:33)
- What is one practical step that our listeners can take to improve their marriage today? (27:15)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Going from an Optometrist to Being a Certified Marriage Coach (6:25)
- How Childhood Wounds Affects Us in Marriage (11:40)
- How the Myer Briggs Personality Assessment Can Help You with Your Marriage (15:24)
- Phil is generously giving all of our listeners his book, Habits of Heroic Husbands, for free in audiobook format. You can get the book right here: renegadegentlemen.com/intersection
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these:
- Jean-Marie Jobs on Inner Change and Transformation
- When Your Significant Other is a High-Achiever with Carol Setters