We were created for so much more than just work, sleep, taxes and food. On a daily basis, we are surrounded by miracles.
It is very easy to get caught up in the busyness and routine of life, to the point that we forget to pause and notice.
On today’s show, we talk about the value of being present and the power of gratitude.
Today’s featured guest is DJ Icy Ice.
He is a member of the world renown and legendary group, the Beat Junkies. He is a master at the turntables, and he has played at the afterparties for some of the biggest events, including the Grammy Awards, AMA awards and the Emmys. He has spoken at places like Harvard, UCLA and USC, and he is a featured DJ on LA’s Top Rated Radio Station, “Power 106”.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Approach life from a place of gratitude. It will impact the way you feel, see and experience the world.
- The greatest gift that you can give your family is being present.
- Don’t take all of life too seriously. Enjoy life!
Some of the questions I ask:
- What’s the story of how you got to where you are today? (4:30)
- What were some of the unique blessings, challenges and experiences being a Filipino in the early hip hop scene, considering there weren’t many? (12:56)
- What goes through your mind as you DJ? (15:37)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Dj Icy Ice talks about the lowest moment of his career (16:40)
- Why is gratitude such a big thing for you?(26:06)
- How do you stay humble? (29:04)
- A super interesting story about the names of Dj Icy Ice’s kids (34:08)
- IcyIceMusic.com [Dj Icy Ice’s Website]