Alan Graham is the CEO of Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a social profit enterprise that delivers meals and provides homes to homeless people on the streets of Austin, Texas and in other places throughout America. He is also the author of Welcome Homeless: One Man’s Journey of Discovering the Meaning of Home (Harper Collins, 2017).
3 Big Takeaways:
- Home is not grounded on a physical space, rather it is based on a relational dynamic.
- Every single human being desires to wholly loved and known. Homeless people are no different.
- No matter what. There is hope.
Some questions I ask:
- What does home mean to you?
- How has your work impacted the way you interact with capitalism and money?
Sneak Peak of More:
- Honor, Homelessness and Human Dignity
- The Meaning and Fortune of Human Relationships
- Seeing the Story of the “Prodigal Son” Through New Eyes
- The Limitations of Transactional Solutions to Community Problems Today
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes | Official Site
- Amazon — Welcome Homeless: One Man’s Journey of Discovering the Meaning of Home by Alan Graham
- Amazon — A Spirituality of Fundraising by Henri Nouwen
- Amazon — Beyond Homelessness: Christian Faith in a Culture of Displacement by Steven Bouma-Prediger and Brian J. Walsh
Connect with Mobile Loaves & Fishes on Social Media:
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these:
- A Life of Service with Wade Trimmer
- The Gift of Friendship with Tom Schwab
- Jennifer Shuchmann: Stepping Into Other People’s Shoes