Matt Miller is the President and Founder of School Spirit Vending which helps schools and their clubs or organizations raise money more through school spirit stickers vending machines. Through this very simple offering, he has helped schools fundraise millions of dollars around the United States.
In today’s episode, he gives us some solid advice on how to be financially smart as an entrepreneur. Not to mention, he also give us an inner look into the world of franchising and school fundraising.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Money is neither good nor evil. It is the obsessive worship of money that can lead disastrous results; however, it is a tool that can be used for very positive things.
- While it may be enticing and easy to focus on the day to day challenges, don’t loose sight of your long-term vision.
- It is OK to keep your full-time job while building your business. As a matter of fact, it may be the best thing for you.
Some questions I ask:
- How does your faith and spirituality impact the way you relate to money? (5:09)
- What are some of the most destructive ideas you see that spiritual communities have about money today? (6:26)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Loosing $80,000 in Commissions and Businesses (7:25)
- Greatest Lessons Learned While Getting Out of Debt and Starting a Business (11:23)
- How Innovation Increases Profit (13:10)
- Dealing with the “Unpredictable” Income that Comes with Entrepreneurship (15:25)
- Helping Schools Fundraise Millions of Dollars with School Spirit Vending(19:25)
- For All Our Listeners! https://ssvbusiness.com/intersection/
Connect with Matt Miller on Social Media:
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these: