Dr. Keith Matthews has been in ministry for over 30 years. He is a known expert in spiritual formation, contemporary culture and pastoral training. He is the Chair of the Ministry Department and a Professor at Azusa Pacific Seminary.
He has written articles for the journal Conversations, Sojourners magazine, and Leadership Journal, as well as designed and co-authored Dallas Willard’s Study Guide to the Divine Conspiracy.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Pastors are part of the body; they are not outside the body.
- Being a Christian is an outcome, not an identifier.
- Our Western model of teaching is: information transfer. However, consuming and memorizing is not enough to change people’s character.
Someone questions I ask:
- What is a pastor? (7:23)
- What is church? (12:49)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Modernity, Capitalism, and Church (15:10)
- Moving Beyond our “Sunday-Only” Church Paradigm (20:15)
- How the Church “Overpromises and Underdelivers” (24:47)
- A New Vision for Our Spiritual Communities (32:23)
Connect with Dr. Keith Matthews:
- Azusa Pacific Seminary | Official Website
- Dr. Matthews can be reached via this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these: