Dr. Chris Hawley gives us a wonderful new approach to health, helping how everything (mind, body and spirit) are all interconnected.
Dr. Chris Hawley is the spokes person and co-creator of SEITY, which seeks to help people reach their potential through a whole health perspective. Dr. Chris’s background is in sports medicine and family practice. He has worked with the top professional athletes, olympic athletes and the nation’s largest collegiate athletic department.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Everything is interconnected. You are one, whole integrated being. Your body affects your spirit. Your spirit affects your mind. Your mind affects your spirit. Every aspect of your being is connected and affects the other parts that make up your being.
- Every single of us have windows and values that activate our spirit. There all different for everyone. When we tap into these, we live from a greater sense of meaning and purpose. Further, these help us with our performance and also help us live as better human beings.
- Institutions are compartmentalized. There are institutions that focus on the mind. There are institutions that focus on the body. There are institutions that focus on the spirit. And this compartmentalization has its drawbacks. In many instances, it is up to us make the choice to live from a holistic place.
Some questions I ask:
- How does our spirit affect our body?(12:10)
- What is the greatest health challenge for high-performers and achievers? (29:28)
Sneak Peak of More:
- A turning point for Dr. Chris Hawley in the inner city (6:16)
- Break down of Body, Mind and Spirit (8:15)
- Josh’s core values, based on the Seity’s powerful self-assessment (17:30)
- Why is there so much obesity in religions and spirituality institutions? (27:30)
FREE GIVEAWAY: Dr. Chris Hawley and Seity have been so generous to give our audience the self-assessment we talked about in this episode for FREE! In order to get an access code for this assessment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention you’re a listener of The Intersection of Success and Spirituality and simply mention that you would like a code to take the assessment!
(Oh… and feel free to share with Dr. Chris and Seity anything that stood out to you about or resonated with you about this episode. I think they’d LOVE that!)