Henry Alonzo is the CEO of Adarga Entertainment Group; a company centered on providing the music industry services of artist development, publishing administration, marketing and consulting to independent artists, and record labels.
Henry has worked with a variety of artists, including winners of the Latin Grammy, Billboard Latin Music Award, Dove Award, BMI Latin Music Award, and Premios Arpa in the genres of Latin and Gospel Music.
Additionally, Henry is a frequent lecturer on the subject of music business at educational institutions and music conferences. He is also Adjunct Professor of Music Business at East Los Angeles College.
Henry also serves on the Board of the Gospel Music Association as the International Representative, and the Board of Directors for Idle Tuesdays Recording Studio, a non-profit organization.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Humility is essential in life. It takes humility to learn, not despise small beginnings, and seek counsel from others.
- Watch out who you associate with. Your friendships, partners and colleagues can affects you more than you know it. What are the goals and dreams inside of you? If you want to reach those, make sure to associate with like-minded people.
- God has a sense of humor. While there are somber and deep aspects to spirituality, there is this lightness we often miss. When we live knowing that God actually has a sense of humor, this can be a very freeing thing for us.
Some questions I ask:
- How does your faith/spirituality affects you as a businessperson on a daily basis? (9:22)
- How do you deal with failure? (11:08)
Sneak Peak of More:
- The value of being a life-long learner (15:10)
- Myths of the music industry (16:50)
- Behind-the-Scenes with Christine D’Clario and Miel San Marcos (19:49)