Michele Cushatt is a best-selling author, sought-after speaker and speaking coach. She is also well-known for being the co-host of This is Your Life podcast (10 million downloads and counting) with Michael Hyatt.
In this episode, we talk about Michele’s most recent book, I Am: A 60-Day Journey To Knowing Who You Are Because of Who He Is. In our conversation, she share some powerful, life-changing thoughts on having an identity that supersedes our professional lives and helps us thrive in midst of difficult setbacks in our careers.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Work is as much an expression of our spirituality as anything else.
- The most freeing, life-giving motivation behind work should be mainly one thing: to know God.
- Your inner circle matters. If you spend a significant amount of time with workaholic friends that believe your worth is truly dependent on your achievement, it will be difficult to live with a healthy identity.
Some questions I ask:
- How can we find healing from the wounds that have shaped our identity? (23:55)
- How does a healthy identity help us be more receptive to criticism? (29:22)
Sneak Peak of More:
- The Life of a Writer and Speaker (3:45)
- Fear as a Motivation for Pursuing Success (14:06)
- Identity and Ethics (19:28)
- The Sacredness of Our Work (40:19)
Connect with Michele Cushatt on Social Media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michelecushatt
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/michelecushatt
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michelecushatt/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/michelecushatt
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these: