Organizational Culture Expert, Jeff Tolle, gives us some great insights on building a healthy organizational culture.
Jeff Tolle is the former pastor of one of the largest youth ministry in the United States. He holds a B.A. in Music from California State University, Northridge and an M.A. in Intercultural Studies from BIOLA University. He is a certified organizational coach, and he currently serves as the Senior Pastor of a new and thriving church plant in Los Angeles, known as CityLife.
3 Big Takeaways:
- People are the number ONE influencer of culture in an organization. Make sure to have a team of people that embody your organization’s values.
- Authenticity breeds trust. High rates of authenticity = higher rates of trust. Lower rates of authenticity = lower rates of trust.
- Self-awareness is good, but it won’t take you anywhere if you don’t do anything with it. Following through is more important than self-awareness.
Some questions I ask:
- Why is organizational culture so important? (2:36)
- How to discern if someone is the right person for your organization? (6:53)
- What is the #1 thing that can sabotage a good organizational culture? And how should leaders respond to it? (21:20)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Are there any drawbacks in an organization in which the leader is too controlling? (17:22)
- How do you rise above betrayal as a leader? (24:52)
- What systems do you need to have a good organizational culture? (27:52)
- How do you think are upbringing affects us as leader and people? (37:00)
FREE GIVEAWAY: Organizational Culture Worksheet