Listen to this episode
3 Big Takeaways
- Our identity is not based on our mistakes; it is based on what God says about you. There is a powerful shift that occurs in our lives when we live from knowing who we are in Christ.
- Every generation has felt that the generation after them was entitled. To be fair to millenials, there is a pattern in which every generation perceives the generation after it as entitled.
- Our human desire to connect transcend generations. While there are differences between generations, this does not change the fact that we all, young and old, long to connect to others. Having this in mind will help you connect with the people in your life younger than you.
Some questions I ask:
- How should families navigate the cultural changes that have come with the internet? (15:01)
- Should parents have mentors? (29:14)
Sneak Peak of More:
- Youth’s Desire to Be Known and to Connect (5:27)
- Different Values Between Different Generations (10:14)
- Four Core Values of the People of God (22:33)
- Millennials and Entitlement (33:28)
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these:
- Inside the World of Youth with Dr. Chap Clark
- Jennifer Schuchmann: Stepping Into Other People’s Shoes