A timely interview with Assistant Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies at Azusa Pacific Seminary, Dr. Janette Ok. She provides us with some invaluable insight on issues such as overt and covert sexism in the workplace, current ideas on gender roles, work-life balance and so much more.
Who is Dr. Janette Ok?
Janette H. Ok, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies at Azusa Pacific Seminary. She conducts research on 1 Peter and the formation of early Christian identity and is interested in Asian American, intersectional, feminist, and social-scientific approaches to biblical interpretation. She is an interdisciplinary scholar with a practical focus on church ministry and leadership. She has more than 20 years of ministry experience and is a pastor at Ekko Church in Anaheim, California.
What We Explore in this Episode:
- The True Grit It Takes to Get a PhD
- Overt and Covert Sexism in the Workplace
- Work-Life Balance and Womanhood
- Unlearning as an Asian American Woman
Can’t get enough? Don’t miss these:
- Kathy Khang on Female and Asian American
- Kate Wallace Nunneley: Women in Leadership
- Tara Beth Leach: Awakened, Counter-Cultural and Hopeful